All HTR Windows and Doors products come with an extensive warranty system against defects in material and workmanship occurring as a direct result of the manufacturing process, under normal use and service:
In addition, customers will also have a 10-Year Non-prorated Limited Glass Warranty:
- that under normal conditions, material obstruction of vision from film formation or dust collection between the interior glass surfaces will not occur within 10 years from the date of installation.
Terms and Conditions:
The warranties will not cover these conditions:
- Material damaged during handling or installation.
- Liabilities of any nature for unsatisfactory performance caused by faulty workmanship in installation.
- Damage caused by settlement of building, failure of structure (including foundation or walls), fire, wind, lightning and other acts of God, intentional acts, or unreasonable use, accidental damage and negligence, improper care, normal weathering or exposure to harmful chemicals or vapors, may over time, result in minor discolouration.
- If the unit is cracked, broken, or the original 25-year limited warranty has expired.
- Damage to the unit as a result of stress from localized heat causing excessive temperature differential over the glass surface or from excessive vibration or moving of the building or its foundations.
- If the unit is installed without proper provision for adequate expansion or contraction of the framing members.
- Damage caused by high in home humidity (condensation, frost or mould).
Limitations of Material, Insulated Glass, and Hardware Warranties:
HTR Windows and Doors’ liability is limited solely and exclusively to repair or replacement of any components that are deemed to be defective. Replacement or repair of the defective parts is carried out at the sole discretion of HTR Windows and Doors. Under no circumstances will HTR Windows and Doors be liable for incidental or consequential charges such as, but not limited to, labour costs for any purpose, inconvenience, damage or injury to persons or to property or any other expense.
Replacement Parts or Repair:
HTR Windows and Doors reserves the right to discontinue or change any window as currently manufactured. If HTR Windows and Doors determines to make a replacement under the terms of this limited warranty and an exact replacement part is unavailable, HTR Windows and Doors reserves the right to substitute a part or parts of equal quality at it’s sole discretion.
Obtaining Performance of This Warranty:
HTR Windows and Doors requires the certificate of installation to be mailed no longer than 30 days from the date of installation. HTR Windows and Doors reserves the right to field inspect a defective part or unit. Upon discovery by the owner of any suspected defective component, the owner shall contact HTR Windows and Doors at the address listed at the top of the warranty. All claims must have the original HTR Windows and Doors invoice number along with the size and style of the problematic window. Defective units or parts must be returned to HTR Windows and Doors at the expense of the purchaser.